In the global business arena, understanding and dealing with cultural differences is a crucial factor to the business success. Sensitive interpersonal communication, along with effective, diplomatic intercultural relation-building are key factors in realising progress in international projects. In such a diverse environment, how should you steer clear of inadvertent socio-cultural taboos; and build a trustworthy relationship with your global partners? This workshop by Natural business solutions GmbH outlines the 6 Cultural Dimensions (by Professors Hofstede and Trompenaars) as a practical model for your strategies and interventions. Our aim is to make you stand out as a conscientious global team player sensitive to the needs of your partners and agile to stretch and meet those needs.
- the definition of culture & the cultural iceberg
- recognising intercultural bias and techniques to break the bias
- 6 Intercultural Dimensions (Prof. Hofstede and Prof. Trompenaars) and their implications for business
- transfer of model to existing business cases
This course will enable you to have an in-depth understanding of the Intercultural Dimensions and how they influence behavioral traits of individuals from different nationalities in business. You will be able to trace back many of your observations in business interactions to these Dimensions and extract the appropriate strategies for your projects. You will also learn to use intercultural differences as an opportunity to further develop your international avatar.
At the end of this course, you will be able to
- address and reflect on your own perceptions and biases and compare them with prevailing intercultural perceptions
- explore and break down intercultural stereotypes
- develop the know-how to forge strong, sustainable and mutually trustworthy international business relationships
- build a culturally adapted and sensitive team
- develop your own international persona as a true global player
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone willing to improve their intercultural competence and be sensitised to understanding their target groups in an international, global business setting.
- Language English, Deutsch
- Certificate yes
- Formats 9